Dreadlocks Ltd. has released a new trailer featuring pre-alpha footage of their first-person action adventure titled Ghost Theory. In this title, you take on the role of a paranormal investigator who searches some of the most haunted places around the world to discover the truth behind them.
By utilizing authentic ghost hunting tools, you will use stealth and wits to survive whilst collecting data and evidence behind some real-world cases such as 30 East Drive, Pontefract where the most violent poltergeist in Europe allegedly lives. The indie game developers will be re-launching their Kickstarter for Ghost Theory in April 2016 with the hope of bringing it to the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Linux, Mac, and PC.
- RPG gameplay is a main stretch goal – Base Management: When you’re not on a mission, you’re at your base making choices of the course of the research and tool production. As you progress in the game you can expand the base of new premises. You need to watch your budget though because if you fail to deliver results, the university will cut the funding. You also manage a club of ghost hunters that help you to investigate more locations through non-playable missions. If they succeed in their mission they will bring back some resources. To raise their chances you need to spot their individual qualities and send them on the right missions with the right equipment
- Engaging mission gameplay: Use your Clairvoyance gift to see ghosts and experience visions of past events. Use a variety of ghost hunting tools, such as a UV lamp to reveal hidden traces of ectoplasm, a pendulum to locate buried objects, a camera to record ghostly apparitions, and many more.
- Open-ended objectives: In non-linear levels, head straight for your target or explore hidden paths and uncover the mystery behind each haunting. Collect evidence in the form of recordings, samples, lesser specters, to fund your research and develop better equipment.
- Innovative visual presentation: Using actors filmed in stereoscopic 3D and seamlessly integrated into the game’s environments, the game offers unparalleled realism and horrifying shock moments.
- Advanced VR support: Owners of VR headsets will greatly benefit from the game’s design. The game is developed from the start with VR in mind and every aspect of the game is engineered towards providing the most immersive experience. The user interface, inventory, and overall visual feedback all emerge from the game world itself, ensuring that nothing ever reminds you’re in a videogame.
Ghost Theory has no release date yet but is planned for release on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Linux, and Mac.
2,692 total views, 2 views today