The latest Ark patch introduces us to a myriad of changes/updates and a few new introductions.
Ark’s patch v257 features:
- TEK Cloning Chamber: You can now clone your favourite creatures with the cost Elemental Shards. Cloned creatures will retain their appearance, level and stats. Spend those Elemental Shards wisely.
- Tek Turret: The Tek Turret is an enhanced version of the Auto Turret with more power and betetr target acquisition.
- Tek Grenade: The Tek Grenade is an enhanced version of the Grenade now capable of sticking to objects.
- Tek Megalodon Saddle: Your pet pre-historic shark can now fire lasers. Awesome!
- Tek Cave and Volcano: The Tek Cave and Voclano has received a redesign making it look more, well, more fiery.
- “Ascension” Game Progression
- More UI overhauls
- New Hairstyle and Facial Hair
- Approximately 20+ New Explorer Notes
- 15 new music tracks, per-biome and situational
- Full Gamepad input pass (i.e. console gamepad functionality)
- Fixed issue with Cave spawns not functioning properly in singleplayer
- The Center mega-update!
- New Emote
- Engram Tree Revamp
- Alpha Megalodon
- All Alphas have their own APEX Items
- Apis Lithohermaea, more commonly known as the Giant Bee, never stray far from their nests which can be found high in the Island’s Redwoods, the rocky cliffsides, and uncommonly in the Canyons of Scorched Earth. The drones can be seen swarming around the nest in groups, but to get a look at the Queen Apis, survivors would need to crack open the nest itself. The untamable drones themselves are quite territorial and will do whatever it takes to protect the Queen. A tamed Queen will lay new drone eggs, and construct a hive which survivors can farm for honey. The honey is a sweet and delicious resource which creatures of the ARK find irresistible. It has commonly been used by hunters to bait their traps and lure them in for slaughtering or taming.
- Daeodon Comedentis, is the largest known species of Entelodont, an omnivorous family of ancient mammals that are sometimes referred to as “Hell Pigs”. Not one of the friendliest creatures of the ARK, they are known to have a very territorial attitude to any survivor that wanders too close to their feeding grounds. Often spotted around the Island’s dry grasslands, as well as the sandy beaches. Many tribes have made excellent use of the Daeodon, due to its unusually high metabolism it has the remarkable ability to heal itself and even more extraordinarily, this rapid regeneration is known to affect nearby allies. Therefore it is often a choice for raiding, boss, and hunting parties. This special ability has certainly made its high rate of food consumption worth the upkeep.
- Liopleurodon Magicus, is a very interesting specimen. There are rumours circulating the tribes of The Island claiming that this beast has magical properties, however, the sightings have been rare so it’s hard to decipher old tribe tales from the actual truth. Whatever the case, this mythical creature has been said to have the ability to reward the adventurous survivors who tame it, the special attribute of luck. Treasure hunting tribes who have encountered the beast have used this magic to obtain loot beyond their wildest dreams. You’re probably wondering why these claims are tales, well it’s said that the Lucky Liopleurodon’s magic is so powerful, it cannot be kept under control, and after some time, it harnesses this power to get away.
- Kentrosaurus Aethiopicus, a considerably smaller herbivore than its close relative, the Stegosaurus Regium. However, what it lacks in size, it certainly makes up for in formidability. In fact, it is argued that this creature is the pound for pound champion of not only the Stegosauria, but when fighting in close-knit encounters, it ranks atop the Island’s herbivorous dinosaurs in general. Survivors have seen little success in their attempts to ride the Kentrosaurus, owing to its spike and hot-headed temperament. Nonetheless, a tamed herd of Kentrosaurus can defend a compound as well as take on many larger carnivores. One swing of its deadly tail can impale creatures, as well as the risks involved in fighting such a spiky foe, are unavoidable.
860 total views, 3 views today