Ark: Survival Evolved has received v256 which introduces four new creatures, underwater bases, aquatic creature breeding, TEK teleporter pads and generators and finally a redesign of the inventory UI.
The TEK Tier for ARK includes:
- TEK Underwater Bases! This allows fully-enclosed structures to be created underwater, with ventilators to allow oxygen filled room. Air-locks allow players to enter and exit without flooding their base.
- TEK Power Generator! This wireless generators power TEK structures and any Tribe electrical structures in adjustable range.
- TEK Teleporter! Easily and quickly move around the expansive open-world island, but very challenging and expensive to obtain!
- TEK Mosa Saddle! Once placed on the Mosasaur it equips the beast with lasers and more.
TEK Tier content are of sci-fi-themed, end-game features that reward hard-working Survivors with awesomely futuristic gear and guns. Players wanting TEK Tier loot will need to gather the newly introduced Element resource, which is granted after successfully completing Boss Arenas. Each Boss has three difficulty levels (easy, medium, hard) and after defeating the respective Boss are awarded with unique TEK Knowledge engrams, element and other general Boss Rewards. Collect the Element, then use the TEK Replicator to craft all TEK items!
Four new creatures:
- Equus Magnus – Likely an ancestor to the modern horse, Equus is a much larger steed, and when tamed, can be used for riding, herding, and used as pack animals. Equus is so large, tribes have been known to not only ride them, but attach extra large saddlebags to them. Craftable within the Equus’ saddle inventory, the new Lasso item can be used to wrangle creatures and players while riding. If Survivors are lucky, they may come across a Unicorn. The Unicorn is the rarest creature on the Island, with it’s white coat and horn protruding from its’ forehead. It can be tamed just like the normal Equus. However, only one of these magical creatures exists on the map at one time, so treat it with the utmost care!
- Leedsichthys Conviviumbrosia – is the largest fish in the waters around the island and Its meat is also extremely succulent. It is often traded with the same value as Prime Meat, and colloquially called ‘Prime Fish’. Of little taming value, tribes do keep schools of Leedsichthys in pens for meat, as it is so huge, chunks of meat can be cut from it without causing it death or permanent injury. While Leeds is passive towards humans, it is extremely aggressive towards boats on the open water. Rafts that enter it’s territory will find themselves in trouble and will be forced to fight or flee, or lose their home. The alpha Leedsichthys, even larger than the average Leeds, is massive and white in colour. If a Survivor manages to kill the beast, they will be rewarded with lots of fish meat and a special cosmetic skin hidden within it’s belly.
- Ichthyornis Piscoquus – Considered just a “plain old” normal seagull, Ichthyornis, lives near beaches, surviving off of native fish. While timid by nature, if tamed, they become partners for their tamer, riding their shoulders. Survivors can send their Ichthy to attack small prey. The fish it brings back are rich in meat and far better than a Survivor would be able to catch by hand, making the gull very useful.
- Iguanodon Vicissitudinis – is a large herbivorous dinosaur that resembles the Parasaurolophus but without the distinct head crest. Iguanodon has two spike-like thumbs for prying fruits open to pick out the seeds and for stabbing predators. They are as capable of walking on all fours as they are on just their hind legs. Combined with its fruit harvesting and carry weight, the Iguanodon’s excellent mobility in bipedal stance makes it an ideal field-hand that can also pull off a quick get-away, or an agile defense, when needed.
Patch v256 also brings breeding to the aquatic and amphibious creatures of the ARK. Underwater eggs cannot be picked up by players as they cannot survive out of water. Underwater eggs will incubate in water at all times so there is no need to monitor their temperature. These adorable little ones will certainly steal their way into your heart.
In addition to the above, patch v256 also includes:
- Lots of new in-game sounds
- 1 New Hairstyle and 1 New Facial hairstyle (Growable ponytails with full physics and mutton chops!)
- 30+ new Explorer Notes
ARK: Survival Evolved is on sale on Steam at 67% off and its first expansion pack ARK: Scorched Earth is on sale for 51% off from March 31st to April 3rd.
5,566 total views, 2 views today