We are delighted and excited to announce that The Void Rains Upon Her Heart, developed by the awesome Veyeral Games and published by us, The Hidden Levels, is releasing very soon. A lot of blood, sweat and tears has been put into this project by everyone here at THL as well as Veyeral Games. It is a passion project for the both of us, and we couldn’t be any more proud.
The Void Rains Upon Her Heart is an addictive bullet-hell, boss rush game with some rogue-like elements. It takes inspiration from the likes of The Binding of Isaac, Kirby and Undertale. You will control the heart of an alien girl and battle tough bosses. Love your way through randomly chosen boss battles leading up to a final battle. Each defeated monster will give her gifts that power up her heart in the form of cards. Fear not, there won’t be any micro-transactions. But don’t let her heart break, or you will have to start over. Every boss battle represents a common anxiety or fear that people have. Many of the power up items represent different coping mechanisms.
Take a look at the Early-Access and the Blot Battle Gameplay trailers below:
The Void Rains Upon Her Heart will feature:
- Campaign of randomly chosen bosses leading up to a final battle
- Many stackable upgrade items
- Poetic story with lovely pixelized illustrations
- Multiple endings
- Tons of unlockables
- Customizable controls
- Original soundtrack inspired by retro boss battle music and heavy metal!
- Each boss has its own difficulty level
- 3 Different Modes: Story Mode, Quick Mode and Secret Mode
The Void Rains Upon Her Heart explores some very heavy topics such as anxiety, depression, and suicide. This game also contains scenes of non-sexual nudity.
For more information or to keep up to date with future projects, please visit the following sites:
- The Hidden Levels Twitter
- Veyeral Games Twitter
- The Void Rains Upon Her Heart Official Site
- The Void Rains Upon Her Heart Steam Page
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with The Void Rains Upon Her Heart as it releases on Steam on February 14th, 2018 with expected console releases later.